| Directions for Finding Course Equivalencies:
For the first drop-down menu, choose the US State/Canadian Province/Foreign Country of the transfer institution.
For the second drop-down menu, choose the name of the transfer institution.|
How to Read the Chart:
- Be aware that while most transfer courses are still accepted as noted, there are exceptions;
faculty may change course content over time, wherein the equivalency may no longer apply.
- Military education and experience equivalencies are found by choosing District of
Columbia as the State and American Council of Education as the School.
- CLEP (College Level Examination Program) score equivalencies.
- AP (Advanced Placement) score equivalencies.
- If a transfer institution, or transfer course, does not show, it means that no previous Norwich
student has transferred any courses from this institution, or that no Norwich student has
transferred this same course from this institution. This means the student must complete a Transfer Credit Request form, requesting faculty to evaluate and determine equivalency for the course.
- GROUP column represents if two transfer courses equal one Norwich course.
- YEAR column represents the year that the transfer equivalency was valid at Norwich. For
example 1213 = 2012-2013 Academic Year, or 2013 = Academic Year. For readmitted students and students who change major, the determination of the appropriate admit year is made by the student's advisor at the time of transfer, readmission, or change of major.
- MIN GRDE column represents the minimum grade, or minimum test score that is allowable
to transfer the course/exam score to Norwich.
- TITLE column represents the transfer course title
- SUBJECT column represents the Norwich subject code
- COURSE column represents the Norwich course number
- TITLE column represents the Norwich course title - Free Elective indicates that there is no specific equivalent Norwich course, but free elective credits can be awarded.
- CREDITS column represents the number of Norwich credits that are being transferred